BBFS 2020 Theme:
Celebrating Over 100 Years of Filmmaking in Big Bear
BBFS | 2020 • WINNERS
AUDIENCE AWARDS+BBFS AWARDS
U.S.Narrative Feature Competition:
Audience Award:Best Narrative Feature (Drama)Hard Plastic
Audience Award:Best Narrative Feature (Comedy)
Audience Award:Best Narrative Feature (Horror)Barney Burman's Wild Boar
BBFS | 2020: Best Feature Director/Actor (Mindy Bledsoe)The In-Between
BBFS | 2020: Best Ensemble Cast in a Feature
BBFS | 2020: Devoted Filmmaker Award (Tom Huckabee)Taking Tiger Mountain Revisited
International Narrative Feature Competition:
Audience Award: International Narrative Feature / ComedyGetMeLovedUp.com
U.S. Documentary Feature Competition:
Audience Award: Best Documentary FeatureThe Devil's Road:A Baja Adventure
BBFS|2020:Best Documentary Feature-MusicThe Offline Playlist
BBFS|2020:Best Documentary Feature-AdvocacyWoke the Monster
International Documentary Feature Competition:
Audience Award:International Documentary FeatureFATHER UNKNOWN
U.S.Narrative Short Competition:
Audience Award:Best Narrative ShortStucco
BBFS|2020:Best Ensemble Cast in a Narrative ShortAll That You Love Will Be Carried Away
BBFS|2020:Best LGBTQ Narrative ShortZoe&Bryn
BBFS|2020:Rising Star Award (Sid Floyd)Crush
BBFS|2020:Best Narrative Short DramaUnicorns
BBFS|2020:Advocacy Award (Anne Johnstonbrown)A Place Less Cold
BBFS|2020:Cinematic Visionary Award (Austin Davison)Talk Outside
BBFS|2020:Best Narrative ComedyMy New Pants
BBFS|2020:Best Director (Carlyn Hudson)WAFFLE
BBFS|2020:Best Narrative Short ThrillerHELL TO PAY
BBFS|2020:Social Awareness AwardWHAT IF...
International Narrative Short Competition:
Audience Award:Best International Narrative ShortDo No Harm
BBFS|2020:Best International DramaANNA
BBFS|2020:Cinematic Excellence Award (Mohamad Razazian)Horse
BBFS|2020:Best Ensemble Cast in an International Narrative ShortElephantbird
BBFS|2020:Best Director (Jennifer Lumbroso)The Doe
U.S.Documentary Short Competition:
Audience Award:Best Documentary ShortDieorama
BBFS|2020:Best Documentary Short (Music)In the Same Direction:Jeff Pifher
BBFS|2020:Best Documentary Short (Drama)One Last Job
BBFS|2020:Documentary Short (Comedy)Pie in the Puss:A Brief History of Pieing in Film
International Documentary Short Competition:
Audience Award:International Documentary ShortCall Center Blues
Music Video Competition:
Audience Award:Best Music VideoDream
BBFS|2020:Best Animated Music VideoThe Sun Will Fool You
Experimental and Animation Competition:
Audience Award:Best Animated ShortBRAUGHMADEUS
BBFS|2020:Best Fan FilmPancakes
Audience Award:Best Student ShortOne Last Drop
BBFS|2020:Best Director (Leia Christ)The Margins
Feature Screenplay Competition:
BBFS|2020:Best Feature Screenplay (Drama)Found (By Chad Briggs)
BBFS|2020:Best Feature Screenplay (Comedy)Forever Young (By Jason Lor)
Short Screenplay Competition:
BBFS|2020:Best Short ScreenplayLast Thursday (By Kevin Machate)
WAYS TO WATCHThere are a few options available for watching from your TV. We recommend heading to the virtual festival and watching some film trailers and sponsor reels to test out your planned setup before the festival begins.
Here's how to watch a program on our virtual platform:
- Head to the virtual festival by visiting https://bigbearfilmsummit2020.eventive.org/welcome
- Sign in to your Eventive account from the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Catalog to see our full selection of programs.
- Click on the program you want to watch.
- Unlock with your festival pass or choose to "Pay What You Can" to watch one film one time.
- The program will load and the video will start playing once you choose to play.
Direct Connection: Computer to TVOne way to watch on your TV is by directly connecting your computer (or other devices) to your TV via HDMI cable. Here are guides on how to connect using a Mac and if using a PC.
Apple TV App*
*Available only for Apple TV models Generation 4 and higher.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the app Eventive TV and install the app. Here's how to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, navigate to https://bigbearfilmsummit2020.eventive.org/welcome and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV.
Roku (BETA VERSION)
The Eventive app for Roku is in Beta version and changes may be made to the app at any point.
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2
*The channel is not currently available in the Roku app store, you must add it by visiting the website.
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up.
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV - BETA to your account.
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Big Bear Film Summit program on the app.
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to https://bigbearfilmsummit2020.eventive.org/welcome and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
- Still having trouble? Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use AirPlay.
ChromecastStream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. Note: At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
- Still having trouble? Here's a guide on how to use Chromecast from your computer.